Tuesday, December 2, 2014

So...what is going on in the SOUTH END of Downtown Memphis?

It's called South Junction and it is TURNED ON! The roads are being repaved! The vacant lots are disappearing! The blight is almost gone! New homes are popping up! Apartments are coming out of the ground like mushrooms! Dilapidated, scary railroad viaducts have been lit up with new LED lighting. Subdivisions that all but died through the "economic turn down" are springing back to life. Heck, even the behemoth THE HORIZON is out of foreclosure and has new owners! It's ALL GOOD!

What surprises me is when I hear any negativity what-so-ever connected with the project!!! Please believe me when I tell you that this is the best thing that could happen to the south end of downtown!

I have been asked by people who live in South Bluffs what I think it will do to their property values.
I suppose I could be wrong, but the way I see it, replacing the blight with upscale apartments ( the average rent is about $1000 per month for a one bedroom) and bringing in the 20 something's ( A.K.A. "The Millennial's" ) to live downtown is going to do nothing but improve the value of the existing homes in the area.

The OLD BREWERY has been purchased by Bill Orgle and is slated to become a refurbished mixed use development that promises to add lots of new life to the South Bluffs area as well. I, for one, am so thankful that they did not tear the place down!

New businesses are opening up on South Main. The Chisca Hotel conversion to apartments and retail space is well under way. The Number One Beale project is back on the table. I am told by the Downtown Neighborhood Commission that the Trolleys are coming back. Folks, the SOUTH END has never looked so good.

If you are in the market to sell of buy a home in Downtown Memphis- call me, I can help!
Karen Soro, Henry Turley Realtors,  901-338-4444

No comments:

Post a Comment